Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

hello again again an hcv question.. i went to a barber and

hello again
again an hcv question.. i went to a barber and he scratched his scissor very hard on my scalp, i could feel the pain for about an hour but there was no pain, i got tested for hcv antibody 3 months after the incident which comes negative and my alt was 120 ast 90( since i have fatty liver these numbers are normal for me) . and again after 2 weeks my hcv antibody was negative. i follow up with my LFT and in 6 month from the barber incident my alt was 100 ast 47. does this 3 months hcv antibody is conclusive?
The current recommendations by the CDC would be to have an HCV test 6 months following any potential exposure. A negative test at that time would be considered definitive.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i heard that the alt my rise upto(NNN) NNN-NNNNduring the acute phase so what do you recommand?

If your HCV test was not done at least 6 months from the incident, the current recommendations for a more definitive test would be to repeat the test at least 6 months from the potential exposure.

The risk in liver enzymes could be caused by some other problem, such as the fatty liver you mentioned.