Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.

I am still taking blood thinners, as I had a DVT and a PE back

I am still taking blood thinners, as I had a DVT and a PE back in March.

For the past few days, I've gotten pangs in my chest, pain across my upper back, pain in my neck and through my jawline - sometimes hurts worse when I am breathing.

What is going on?

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.

Q. What other medications are you on?

Q. How did you have DVT?

Q. Do you have aggravated symptoms when you perform activity?

Q. Shortness of breath?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

1. Clonazepam, Zoloft, Wellbutrin, Trazodone, Xanax (when needed), Symbicort, Albuterol (when needed)
-I also take Raspberry Ketone, Acai Berry, and Probiotic supplements

2. I had the DVT/PE because I was on birth control at the time (I no longer take it).

3. They're about the same. I'm sitting here typing this, and I'm having pain.

4. Shortness of breath - a little bit.

Thanks for the details, Elyse.

From the drugs you are taking, Symbicort is known to produce chest pain, restlessness and agitation.
Trazodone is known for causing palpitations, shortness of breath, muscle aches and pains and dizziness.
However, since, you have a history of recent DVT and Pulmonary embolism, the first thing to get ruled out here is a cardiovascular event or another thromboemoblic event.
I suggest that you visit an ER or Urgent Care to get an EKG done and to have yourself physically examined.
No chances can be taken. The best course of action will be to visit an ER or an Urgent Care.
Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service.
If you have more queries reply back.