Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)

there are reports that acetaldehyde in my system when I consume

there are reports that acetaldehyde in my system when I consume alcohol or cigerettes are the main culprit for potentially causing cancer. there are supplements with L Cysteine for lung health. And there is a product called (classified as medical device in Europe) which contains From 300 to 800 mg of L Cysteine. so my question, is any of these proven or clinically tested.

and yes, of course the best choice is still to quit or reduce both alcohol and cigarettes. But I cannot or do not, then if I took L Cysteine or Acetium, will it reduce my acetaldehyde level and thereby be helpful in dealing with the bad effects of alcohol and cigerrettes.
Hi there.
Welcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question.
I am Dr.Abid a Medical Internist and will help you out.
Regarding your concern I want to share with you that cysteine is one of the 599 additives to cigarettes.Its inclusion in cigarettes could offer two benefits acting as an expectorant since smoking increases mucus production in the lungs and increasing the beneficial antioxidant glutathione (which is diminished in smokers).Second Cysteine has been proposed as a preventative or antidote for some of the negative effects of alcohol including liver damage and hangover. It counteracts the poisonous effects of acetaldehyde which is the major by product of alcohol metabolism and is responsible for most of the negative aftereffects and long term damage associated with alcohol use.So yes to some extent L cysteine will help you out but important thing is to stop these hazardous items.
Regards XXXXX XXXXX luck.
Please leave positive feedback for me.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

are there a lot of clinical data already with the US FDA or European equivalent for L-Cysteine and its benefits? or is it still a supplement with no clinical data?

I also saw online that there are a lot of good reviews about but not sure if it has any clinical data as well.

without clinical data, should I take Acetium or L-cysteine supplements or is it a waste of money and time?

Thanks for your follow up question....
About L cysteine study conducted on rats and no clinical data on humans that showed good effect of cysteine,similarly Acetium has no clinical data.However Cysteine has good effects on body.