Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.

I have had lower right hand side abdominal pain for the last

I have had lower right hand side abdominal pain for the last 5 days - very mild, close to the hip and comes and goes. Hurts more when I bend forward.
Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.

Q. Do you have any nausea, vomiting or loss of appetite?

Q. Is the pain dull aching or sharp stabbing?

Q. Do you have pain in the morning or morning stiffness in the right hip?

Q. Do you have pain when you cough or strain?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No Nausea, vomitting or weight loss.

pain felt like a stitch feeling at first, suppose it is now an occasional nagging pain.

I originally hadlower back pain about 3 weeks ago and told it was probably joint pain in the lower back. Since then I had some hip pain and then the stomach pain on the right hand side.

No pain when I cough or strain

Thanks for the details.
This seems like a muscle spasm or a cramp in the lower abdominal muscles of the right hand side.
Right hand side pain in the lower abdomen due to other conditions has accompanying symptoms like nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite, urinary symptoms etc. Which you do not have.
The muscle spasm takes almost 7 to 10 days to subside. This can be due to dehydration, fatigue of the muscle, odd posture or undue stretch in the muscle or it can be due to an impinged nerve in the lower back ( which relates to the lower back pain that you had earlier).
You should put warm compresses on the area specially when you are in bed at night.
Application of an anti inflammatory liquigel like Brufen or Motrin gel should be beneficial and massaged on the area thrice daily.
You can also take an anti inflammatory pain killer like Ibuprofen 400 mg thrice a day, this is an NSAID and a potent pain killer, you can take it with water after meals.
Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service.
If you have more queries, please reply back.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My main concern was that everything you look at online describing my syptoms always throws up at least one form of cancer - based on the fact that I have no accompanying syptoms would you say that is would be muscular?

Only reason I ask for clarifiction is that I haven't noticed the pain after a particular physical activity?

Thanks for the reply, Kevin.

The worst thing to do is to google for symptoms online since at the end of every differential on websites, they mention cancer as a possible cause. Even if you google itching, you will find some relation of it with cancer online.
That is why I would discourage using google for an evaluation of your symptoms.
Cancers are not so shy in presentation. By the time any form of cancer begins to express itself as pain, it has already causeed constitutional symptoms such as weight loss, loss of appetite, night sweat, fatigue and evening fever along with other specific symptoms of that particular cancer.
Rarely, are muscle cramps due to a particular activity, more commonly they are due to dehydration, electrolyte imbalances, impinged nerves, sometimes they occur at night during sleep when a person changes positions involuntarily.
So, I would not advise that you concern yourself with cancer based on your current symptoms.
Hope this helps.