Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice

Can meloxicam cause swollen tonsil with a white spot on it as I I started experiencing sid

Can meloxicam cause swollen tonsil with a white spot on it as I I started experiencing side effects of drug on third day using drug, nausea, loss of appetite. Dyearea, fatique, all swollen tonsil was seen the same day as experiencing effects. Was taking 2 7.5 mg tablets as soon as I woke up with no food. For tendonitis

Anthony Bray, MD : Hello!

Anthony Bray, MD : Meloxicam may cause GI irritation and could be associated with side effects if nausea , decreased appetite and possibly diarrhea( not typical) But it would NOT cause inflammation of the tonsils nor the white exudate that you have noticed...

Can iI ask another ?

Anthony Bray, MD : usually with Mobic ( Meloxicam) would be more likely to cause GI side effects upon using the medicine for a matter of weeks... It is not typically going to cause that much side effects in first use...
Anthony Bray, MD : if you has gastritis or ulcer then the medicine would very well aggravate such a condition...

OK can I ask another ? Or do I need to pay again

Anthony Bray, MD : it sounds overall more suspicious to me that you may have been getting sick at the same time that you happen to start the medicine!! It may well have been more coincidence!!
Anthony Bray, MD : No, go ahead and ask further questions that you may have ...

I had protected sex with male, kissed he gave oral I did not just licked him barely anal next day I noticed swollen tonsil due I have a disease he showed a copy of HIV test just a few weeks before that he was neg at same time I started meloxicam I've been scared could it b anything that inflaming it

Anthony Bray, MD : Hello again,

I Im taken blood test in 4 weeks scared to death

I've been stressed and nervous all week

Anthony Bray, MD : it probably is not HIV!! It is likely that you caught a routine upper respiratory "bug" such as strep or another common bacteria or viral infection that caused the tonsillitis...
Anthony Bray, MD : it may be that the diarrhea might be as well connected...
Anthony Bray, MD : many viral infections--- coxsackie/ adenovirus .. May cause both upper respiratory symptoms and GI symptoms such as diarrhea...
Anthony Bray, MD : It is common fear but usually people over- estimate their risk...
Anthony Bray, MD : it is probably prudent to get checked as you plan but try not to worry to excess!!

Thx u so much

Anthony Bray, MD : Sexual encounters are part if life and cast majority of these do not lead to infection. Still it pays to be careful in your choices if course...
Anthony Bray, MD : You are very welcome!
Anthony Bray, MD : let me know if you have more questions. I'll be happy to get back with you!
Anthony Bray, MD : if my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.
Anthony Bray, MD : thst would be very much appreciated!
Anthony Bray, MD : Thank you and best regards,

Well is what I did low risk as he gave oral and I licked but I used condom I'm glad

Anthony Bray, MD : Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray, MD : Yes it would be low risk... Oral is lower risk and of course using condom greatly increases safety...

OK thx Dr bye