Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.

I have an odd feeling in my chest. I have bronchitis, and when

I have an odd feeling in my chest. I have bronchitis, and when i breath in deeply, towards the end of my breath, it almost feels like more of my lung is opening up. When I place a stethoscope over it, i hear a Pew, accompanying the late stage of inspiration. Is this normal or should i seek medical assistance?

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.

A whistling sound or a rumbling at the end of inspiration can be due to chest congestion and inflammation, this can be due to an acute exacerbation of bronchitis or infection like pneumonia. This can also be due to spasmed bronchioles (smaller airways).
The best course of action will be to seek medical assistance. A physical examination and a chest x-ray is warranted.
Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating if satisfied.
If you have more queries or need more information, please reply back.