Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing
16455829

I had a coloctemy on 8/16/13. I have an ileostomy. I am a heavyset

I had a coloctemy on 8/16/13. I have an ileostomy. I am a heavyset guy. I weighed 305 pre surgery and I'm down to 260 now and starting to exercise and diet to try and lose another 40 lbs. all my weight has dropped down to the bottom of my belly. They can't operate ( reconnect) on me unil I lose more weight. They say my abdominal wall is to thick.
What can I do to help shrink the bottom of my belly. Also should I continue to wear my binder. I have heard it will help keep my abdomen tight and assist in the weight loss. Is this true?

Dr. Cameron :

Hello

Dr. Cameron :

are you still there?

Dr. Cameron :

Congratulations on your weight loss

Dr. Cameron :

The best thing that you can do to increase the weight loss is to diet and to rev up your cardio (as opposed to focusing on weight). You are looking to lean down, not bulk up.

Dr. Cameron :

I would definitely continue to wear the abdominal binder- this actually helps tone up your muscles and it decreases the amount of food that you eat because it effectively acts like gastric banding surgery (but from the outside)

Dr. Cameron :

I am sorry that I missed you

Dr. Cameron :

I hope that this helped

Dr. Cameron :

If you have any other questions about this, please ask

Dr. Cameron :

other wise please leave positive feedback :-)