Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician

Ive been having constipation about 3days ago.when I would go

Ive been having constipation about 3days ago.when I would go to the restroom I get a little discomfort afterwards and a little bit of rectal bleeding. I figure its from pushing to hard.the second day I took smooth move laxative and that helped the constipation. But still a little bit of bleeding when I'm finished whipping .this is the third day no constipation ,but Im still dealing with a litte bit of rectal bleeding (real minor) im 34 and have not been to the doctors in a long time, should I be worried or should i keep using the smooth move laxative .the laxative did help with the discomfort but its still not gone.
Welcome to and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-

Do you have blood mixed with stool or you pass blood after passing stool?
Have you noticed any lump or swelling near rectum?
Are you suffering from any medical condition or on any medication ?
Do you suffer from severe emotional stress or anxiety issue?

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

after i pass stool,a little sore no lumps,no medical problems,a litte bit of anxity

Dear XXXXX, Thanks for providing quick additional information.
I can understand your concern.

It is possible, that you may have developed Anal fissures, these are very small tears which occur in the skin of the anus.
These tears often occur as a result of unusually hard bowel movements tearing the skin of the anus as they pass through.
Hard bowel movements can be caused by constipation because as the fecal matter spends more time in the large intestine, This can further result in rectal bleeding.
You can use An OTC Cream containing Hydrocortisone for local application to rectal area.

You should continue with smooth move laxative.

Fiber is one of the mainstays in the treatment of constipation.
High-fiber foods include beans, whole grains and bran cereals, fresh fruits, and vegetables such as asparagus, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, and carrots. You need to increase the quantity of fruits and vegetables as they contain lots of fiber. You should take plenty of fluids.

You should Keep the anal area dry. Exercise regularly ,Take lot of fluids, Take fibrous diet,Avoid stress, Take warm milk at night time.
No need to get panic. Please follow above measures, and most likely in one week you would be free from such symptoms.

Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.