Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution

I was sleeping on my right side, with my arm under the pillow.

I was sleeping on my right side, with my arm under the pillow. Suddenly, I had an intense pain shooting from underneath my arm, up the arm pit, shoulder and neck. Since, I have had horrible pain on my right side in my shoulder, shoulder blade, and arm, as well as mid right back. I have been taking naproxen every 12 hours, icing it, and taking hot showers. The pain continues to be quite intense. Is there anything else I can do to try to manage this, as I have not been able to sleep. The pain is actually so bad that it prevents me from laying down in bed.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing Internal Medicine Physician. Excellent service is my goal.

Thanks for this question.

Do you have the ability to see a doc and get xrays?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did go to urgent care, and received xrays for my neck. I initially thought that was where the primary pain was coming from, but now I am uncertain where the primary pain is coming from. Based on the xrays he had mentioned some degenerative changed and encouraged me to get an MRI and see a neurosurgeon as soon as possible, but unfortunately my insurance will not cover that currently.

I think your best bet is physical therapy or a chiropractor.

Actually chiropractics might get it better immediately

I suspect a disk in the neck is pressing on a nerve Sandra
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. I will see about following up with a chiropractor tomorrow.

You're welcome Sandra.

Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it. :)
I appreciate the excellent rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)