Dr. Natasha
Dr. Natasha, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing

I have a stuffed nose dry throat and cough. I feel nauseous

I have a stuffed nose dry throat and cough. I feel nauseous and this morning I passed stool with blood in it. Stool was solid. My stomach doesn't hurt. It hurt when I passed it though like it was cutting inside my butt.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Natasha replied 9 months ago.

Dr. Cameron :

hello

Dr. Cameron :

how are you?

Dr. Cameron :

Have you ever had this before?

Customer:

I feel fine except for my sinuses. No I've never had this before

Dr. Cameron :

well, it sounds like you have been a little constipated- and this can happen when you are sick

Dr. Cameron :

the pain was a cut that you made- it is called an anal fissue

Dr. Cameron :

this is NOT a big deal and it resolves over time

Dr. Cameron :

but to hasten recovery, you should take a stool softener and you may consider some preparation H wipes

Customer:

Ok

Customer:

I just wanted to make sure it wasn't internal bleeding

Dr. Cameron :

no, don't worry :-)

Customer:

Thank you so much! Does it matter how much blood there was? I'm a hylochondriac just want to make sure

Customer:

Hypochondriac I mean

Dr. Cameron :

well, was the stool red or black? how much blood?

Customer:

The stool was Brown just with blood in it. It was a decent amount, sort of like when you're on you're period and urinate. The blood was bright red

Dr. Cameron :

blood in it or around it?

Customer:

Hmm o t

Customer:

Sorry I think around

Dr. Cameron :

ot?

Dr. Cameron :

ha ha

Dr. Cameron :

Well, no- you can have some bleeding if you have hemorrhoids as well

Dr. Cameron :

concerning bleeding is reddish or black stool, abdominal pain or fevers

Dr. Cameron :

Do what I suggested above- if it continues- then you should see a doctor

Dr. Cameron :

but what you told me does NOT sound conerning

Dr. Cameron :

and it can look like a lot of blood

Customer:

Alright :) I don't have any of that. Thank you for your time!

Dr. Cameron :

you are welcome

Dr. Cameron :

I hope that I provided you with excellent service? :-)?

Customer:

You did ! Calmed me down a LOT!

Dr. Cameron :

great! take it easy :-)

Customer:

Thanks have a good day

Dr. Natasha, Doctor
Experience: American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing