Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician

I have a question about the flu shot. Me and my wife never

I have a question about the flu shot. Me and my wife never got one before. I am 30 and she is 31. They are giving them free at her work on friday and everyone else there said they always get them. We heard allot of bad things about flue shots. Is it really good to get for a 31 year old? or is it really not needed?
Welcome to justanswer and thank you for your question.

Well, According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention-
One should get flu shot every year . The protection is generally 4-6 months, though some say 3 months but new research says 4-6 months.

People who have, severe (life-threatening) allergy or reaction to a previous flu vaccine should not be vaccinated. Mild reactions such as soreness, headaches, and fever are common side effects of the flu vaccine.

If you get the flu vaccine, you are 60% less likely to need treatment for the flu by a healthcare provider.

According to studies, It takes about two weeks after vaccination for antibodies to develop in the body and provide protection against influenza virus infection.

There are two types of vaccine, the flu shot and the nasal spray. Both protect against the same virus strain.

Yes, she should get flu vaccine done.

As such, this vaccine has a good safety track record.
It may sometimes cause- mild side effects like-

-Soreness, redness, and swelling at the injection site

The flu shot contains inactivated (killed) flu viruses that cannot cause illness.
Please don't get panic. She should go for this vaccine.

Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.