Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice

Hello I feel like I have no energy all the time and sometimes

Hello I feel like I have no energy all the time and sometimes when I wake up in the mornings I'm very hungry but like pains in my stomach so I eat and it only makes it worse. What's going on?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 6 months ago.

Anthony Bray, MD : Hello!
Anthony Bray, MD : Well let's look at your symptoms in two divisions as the fatigue may or may not be related to the hunger/ stomach pain...
Anthony Bray, MD : First the stomach pain --- this could be due to many things potentially... What part of the stomach hurts?? We divide up the abdomen and think of it as right side or third, center third and left side or third. Then we look at lower abdomen/ pelvis region/ vs mid abdomen which would include the navel / and finally the upper segment ...
Anthony Bray, MD : the mid/ upper segment would typically correspond to your stomach...
Anthony Bray, MD : From your history irritation of your stomach would be the first area that I would suspect as being related to your symptoms ...
Customer:

Upper center

Anthony Bray, MD : this is also known as the epigastric region...
Anthony Bray, MD : stomach pain may commonly be due to irritation of the stomach lining... This could be diffuse irritation ( this would be gastritis) or focal areas of irritation with erosion of the stomach mucosal lining...
Anthony Bray, MD : ok -- upper center would seem consistent with stomach irritation..
Anthony Bray, MD : so gastritis or ulcer disease would be suspicious as possible cause...
Anthony Bray, MD : this could cause the hunger sensation pattern that you describe as well..
Anthony Bray, MD : I would advise that you may start with OTC medicine to reduce stomach acid--- Prilosec/ Prevacid/ or Zantac daily would probably help...
Anthony Bray, MD : Avoid GI irritants-- alcohol, coffee, caffeine...
Anthony Bray, MD : Avoid hot spicy foods !! Tomatoes, onions, citrus fruits, peppers...
Customer:

I do drink alot of ice coffee

Anthony Bray, MD : you would be best to consult your doctor and be tested for H. Pylori--- this bacteria can survive high acid environment if the stomach -- if present it would need treatment with 2 weeks of a double antibiotic regimen...
Anthony Bray, MD : The stomach pain could be potentially die to other cause but ulcer disease or gastritis would be the most likely it seems... Pancreas inflammation/ gallstones/ duodenal ulcer would be other possibilities ...
Anthony Bray, MD : Right the ice coffee is not the worst but I would avoid for two months. Presuming you are healed by then you could again drink it...
Anthony Bray, MD : anti-inflammatory meds including Aleve, aspirin , Advil---these should be avoided for next couple if months too ( Tyleniol is OK)
Anthony Bray, MD : the fatigue you feel may be related to this but could be other ---
Anthony Bray, MD : I would rule out GI blood loss, iron deficiency, anemia as possible causes...
Anthony Bray, MD : I would check to make sure that B12 level is OK..
Anthony Bray, MD : for the fatigue I would check CBC ( complete blood count) B12 level, thyroid panel,
Anthony Bray, MD : The fatigue should be discussed with your doctor as the details of the quality of the fatigue and time course may help to identify the cause.... Sleepiness ?? ( insomnia, sleep disorders , hypothyroidism)
Anthony Bray, MD : If shortness of breath is part of your fatigue then anemia, heart problems and lung problems may need to be considered..
Anthony Bray, MD : I hope that this is helpful for you!
Anthony Bray, MD : let me know if you have further questions and I will be happy to get back with you!
Customer:

It has been thank you for your time

Anthony Bray, MD : if my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. That would be much appreciated!
Anthony Bray, MD : thank you and best regards!!
Anthony Bray, MD : Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience: 14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
Hello!

This is Dr.Anthony Bray from Justanswer.com. We spoke the other day online with regard to your stomach pain and fatigue. Thank you for using our service and thank you for the positive feedback.

I would encourage you to return if you should have other medical questions in the future! You may reach me specifically if you wish by going to my profile page http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-anthonybraymd/ Just type questions or comments in the box on that page it will be directed to me.

Thank you again and best regards XX XXX !!

Anthony Bray MD