Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing
16455829

Looking for local Anesthesiologist to diagnose and help with

Looking for local Anesthesiologist to diagnose and help with several pain issues. Have not been to a pain clinic in several years because of horrible experiences, and no help. I have numerous questions on pain issues, and would like to be treated as a chronic pain patient. or at the very least a older patient with some knowledge of my problems and what I need. Is there such a doctor in the Oregon circle of Anesthesiologists?

Dr. Cameron :

hello

Dr. Cameron :

What type of problem do you have so I can narrow the focus?

Customer:

Currently have bone problems, knee, back, severe pain in hands and foot from surgerys

Dr. Cameron :

what is the diagnosis?

Customer:

have had shots to the spine which I can no longer take. only so many in lifetime.

Customer:

Have been taking medications of strong doses, and would like to stop taking them, but

Customer:

need to find a doctor that will help with the pain, and help with medications while we find a alternative or answer to my problems.

Dr. Cameron :

okay

Dr. Cameron :

do you the diagnosis

Dr. Cameron :

sorry do you HAVE the diagnosis

Customer:

I have had no diagnosis. they did blood tests, ex rays, and found chip in spine from previous serious car accident. and have had knee out of socket from accident as well. have had three major surgery's to foot after being broken, and bone taken from hip and screwed into foot. beyond that, no diagnosis or help other than medications over the last 15 years. I no longer see a regular doctor. Have immediate need with diagnosis, and answers to if any to be found, and help with getting rid of medication without being dropped off the edge of a cliff so to speak, and help with pain if there is any to be had.

Dr. Cameron :

Ok

Dr. Cameron :

So you want me to help you find an excellent pain anesthesiolgist, correct?

Customer:

yes, Please"

Dr. Cameron :

ok

Customer:

been to many doctors that want to try all their new needles and pins, and that's not really what i'm looking for. If you know what I mean.

Dr. Cameron :

any region in particular?

Dr. Cameron :

what are you looking for exactly so I can research this properly

Customer:

I'm in Fores grove, Oregon, so anywhere within say 50 plus miles

Dr. Cameron :

what are you looking for exactly so I can research this properly- alternative medicine friendly?

Customer:

beyond the pain anesthesiolgist?

Dr. Cameron :

well, you don't want to go to someone who wants to try new techniques, so I am not sure what you are looking for

Customer:

not really, would like to keep using what I use now, but be taken off of it properly, and then I would imagine if they can explain alternative medicine?

Customer:

my foot, and bones in my hands are starting to crumple and twist at an overly fast pace, and way to fast for a working person at 56. Have my own business, and would like to continue working, but the medications which are all opiate based are interfering and causing more trouble then help anymore. I need to find a way to fight the pain or maybe even fix? while changing medication.

Dr. Cameron :

have you seen a rheumatologist? curious?

Customer:

no haven't tried any other doctor's with the exception of pain clinics which I really don't want to go to. would love to find a empathetic doctor that I can explain my problems and be treated with respect instead of someone with "drug seeking behavior" if that were the case I would just buy drugs off the street, yes? I need help with pain, real pain. and the main goal is to get "Off" of said drug behavior, but a real pace that makes sense.

Customer:

its hard to type so I apologize for the mistakes and rate of speed.

Dr. Cameron :

Um. You need a rheumatologist, not an anesthesiologist

Dr. Cameron :

This may be rheumatoid arthritis or a variant

Dr. Cameron :

the only way to really treat you is to stop the progression of the disease

Customer:

Understood. what about the narcotics I use now. They don't strike me as unusually sympathetic to medications of that sort.

Dr. Cameron :

They are- if they are needed

Dr. Cameron :

And they do have pain anesthesiologists that they work with

Dr. Cameron :

You really really really really need to see the right specialist- and that is the rheumatologist

Customer:

okay, I didn't know that. In your opinion will they just ignore what I've told you about wanting to be takin off of my medications, but at a sensible rate?

Dr. Cameron :

No, they love to taper people off their meds and they love motivated patients

Dr. Cameron :

which you are

Customer:

Fantastic. Your wonderful in giving me something or more like someone to look forward to

Customer:

for a change

Dr. Cameron :

Great. Check out this site:

Dr. Cameron :

http://www.zocdoc.com/rheumatologists/forest-grove-229201pm/best-life-and-health-993m

Dr. Cameron :

This will tell you the highest rated local rheumatologists for you

Customer:

do you have a personal favorite in mind for someone like me?

Dr. Cameron :

I am not from Oregon, but if you come to California I know some

Customer:

Had a feeling you'd say that.. .Lol".

Dr. Cameron :

Well, I want to be honest with you- but the rheumatologist is the way to go. I think that you have something like an autoimmune disease which can actually be treated and not get worse and put a band aid of pain meds on it

Customer:

sounds almost to good to be true, but I'll take Dr. Cameron's advice. and check the person highest on the list, and hopefully my Karma is good!

Customer:

Would you know of the rheumatologist that works with the anesthesiologist in my area? as a last question?

Dr. Cameron :

would you mind if I looked this up and got back to you later tonight? I have to get ready for a work done

Dr. Cameron :

work event

Dr. Cameron :

I hope that I provided you excellent service?

Customer:

not at all, in fact it would be greatly appreciated".. you have all my info but

Customer:

[email protected] works best. Thank you so much for working with me. "

Customer:

Should I rate and save and exit?

Hi again
I had to expand my catchment area, but the Portland Clinic rheumatology department would definitely have some pain management physicians that they work with.

There is the patient information:

http://www.theportlandclinic.com/specialties/rheumatology

Please keep me posted.