Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H,34 years of experience
15267045

Small pimples on shaft

Hello, For the last two weeks I've had what look like small pimples on the shaft of my penis. It first stared on the pubic area and then they appeared on the shaft. But the ones on the pubic area are bigger and some look like there's 3 pimple heads in one, if that makes any sense at all. I was sexually active right before I noticed them. They don't itch or hurt at all.. just doesn't look good. I know the best thing to do is go to a doctor, but at the moment I'm not able to. I can upload pictures if that would help.

Welcome to Just Answer,I am Dr.Aren,I will help you with your query .This from your description appears to be folliculitis,this can start in the pubic area especially after shaving and travel down to the shaft of the penis.You will need a course of antibiotics,preferably something like Amoxicillin-Clauvinate combination/Augmentin or Cephelexin which can be prescribed by your doctor.Keeping the area dry will help.You can use the paper clip above the answer area for any photographs.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your answer. Is there anything over the counter I can use in the meantime ?

You can use topical antibiotic like Bacitracin which will be available OTC.Unfortunately all oral antibiotics are available on prescription only.