Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing
16455829

how can i relieve the burning and painful sensation of the

how can i relieve the burning and painful sensation of the side effect of afrin? I was using it over 6 months not every day but like twice a week before bedtime....a week ago right after i use afrin i start feeling a burning and really painful sensation from my nose to the back of my head from my left side making me eye tear....next day I had a terrible headache from one side i went to the er and got antibiotics via IV and morphine and anti inflammatory injection for sinus pressure the headache was like a migraine im still under the treatment and have an appt with a ENT til october 9 but still I dont have the relive for that burning sensation that i get very often like every 45 min especially when I bend and that really really hurts 

Dr. Cameron :

hello

Dr. Cameron :

have you tried a steroid nasal inhaler like flonase?

Dr. Cameron :

THat may work better for you

Dr. Cameron :

As well, it doesn't have the rebound nasal congestion of afrin

Dr. Cameron :

You do need to get it as a prescription from your doctor

Dr. Cameron :

I hope that this helped

Dr. Cameron :

Please leave positive feedback if it did :-)

Dr. Cameron :

hi why did you rate this poor service?

Customer:

because I list the medications Im taking and flonase( Fluticasone) is one of the medication on my list

Dr. Cameron :

that didn't come up on my computer when I was answering the question.

Dr. Cameron :

Did you have a ct of the sinuses?

Customer:

Fluticasone Propionate Nasal spray, solution (50mcg)....Cetirizine Oral tablet (10mg).....Ciprofloxacin Oral tablet (500mg) and Hydrocodone Bitartrate, Acetaminophen Oral tablet (5-325mg)

Customer:

thats all the medication im taking but nothing relieves my burning pain and I dont know if my doctors understand what kind of pain im feeling.... i havent see a ENT doctor yet...the sinus diagnostic was thought a ct scan made last sunday in the er

Dr. Cameron :

did you try sudafed

Customer:

no...but right know i dont really care about my stuffy nose what i want is relive for this burning pain that is killing me is it normal this kind of pain?

Dr. Cameron :

no, that is not normal pain

Dr. Cameron :

burning pain is nerve pain

Dr. Cameron :

it means that what ever you have is irritating the nerves

Dr. Cameron :

this causes burning pain

Dr. Cameron :

Medication which may work better for this type of pain are

Dr. Cameron :

lyrica, cymbalta or gabapentin

Dr. Cameron :

your regular doctor can prescribe these for you

Dr. Cameron :

until you see the ent

Customer:

thank you!! is because i keep asking why I have this burning pain to every doctor i saw this past week and no one tell me a correct answer only mmm im pretty sure is related to your sinus and i was like I know that..... I was getting morphin for the pain but not even that relieve that pain maybe doctors werent understanding what kind of pain i was describing

Dr. Cameron :

you are welcome. I am sorry you are going through this- it sucks

Dr. Cameron :

But the pain you are feeling is called neuropathic

Dr. Cameron :

use that term and they will get it :-)

Customer:

okk thanks soo much and sorry for the first feedback is because i didnt know you did not see the info i wrote but ill fix that right now!!

Dr. Cameron :

no problem. I am glad you continued to work with me :-)

Dr. Cameron :

I hope that I provided you excellent service?

Customer:

yes you did!!! finally i got the asnwer i was looking for!!...once again thanks and have a great day!!

Dr. Cameron :

great. I will check in with you after your appointment with ENT

Customer:

ohh Thank you!!

You are welcome
Hi- I was wondering how your ENT appointment was :-)