Dr. Shahzad MD
Dr. Shahzad MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MBBS, MD, FCPS.
28323552

3 weeks ago i had a penile implant, healing was normal till

3 weeks ago i had a penile implant, healing was normal till 10 days ago fluid started collecting in the shaft. dr. used compressing tape i can not keep the tape in places what can i do?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Shahzad MD replied 10 months ago.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Thank you for writing to us

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Welcome

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Actually such swelling does take four to six weeks in routine to settle.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

So this is a routine healing process that is going on.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

This is not something to worry about and should settle in due course of time

Dr. Shahzad MD :

To create compression using a condom is also a good thing to do. There is no harm in that and you can continue using that.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Are you following me?

Customer:

the condom also dose not stay in place. i am looking for a product that will hold it's shape and not wad up

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Actually there is no such product. You would have to repeatedly apply the compressing tapes and hope that they stick.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

The swelling or fluid would go down in another week or two time

Dr. Shahzad MD :

It can take up to six weeks in total for the swelling to subside and this is normal after penile implant surgery.

Customer:

the swelling had already gone down, fluid came in after.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Oh okay

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Thats good

Dr. Shahzad MD :

If the swelling has settled and the fluid is a clear fluid, i.e. not infectious, then this should dry up soon as the healing process is complete

Dr. Shahzad MD :

This should be another week or two

Dr. Shahzad MD :

So the most important thing is to give it more time

Customer:

i cannot see the fluid as it floats around between the implant and subderma? .

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Yes, its beneath the skin

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Which should dry up in due course of time

Dr. Shahzad MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: MBBS, MD, FCPS.