Dr.Israr
Dr.Israr, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
29944350

I complained to my PCP about the loss of taste. I have had

I complained to my PCP about the loss of taste. I have had two procedures for cancer tumors in my liver. !. TACE @. RFA Ablation I was proscribed Clonazapam to help restore the taste buds. I see the RX is used for Siezures . Can you offer me information. It is greatly appreciiated.
Hello

Thanks for using just answer.

Clonazepam is commonly used for seizures disorders. But recent studies also suggests that it help restore taste buds if used in low doses. Here is the web reference for this study...

http://www.aafp.org/afp/2002/0215/p615.html

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Israr,

the following

does not offer an answer it only brings me to a screen to ask a question,

so where is the answer???

OK and I am sorry for that. Its because of some web issue. Just copy above mention web link into your web browser to get a reference. Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

really not to pleased. I wanted an answer & you provided a web site which still didn't answer my query

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what does that website say??? You can copy & paste the answer because I don't know where to find the info you talk about.

Ok.

In simple words answer to your question is, yes we can use clonazepam to improve taste sensations. The web reference given above confirm the use of clonazepam to improve taste.

Thanks