Dr. Natasha
Dr. Natasha, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing
16455829

I hurt the area around my lt hip a day ago. Not sure how. Its

I hurt the area around my lt hip a day ago. Not sure how. It's Sore now even with aleve and icing. I'm. A Zumba instructor. I used a salon pas patch tonight and it seemed fine so I thought teaching a class was ok. But tonight I'm in pain can't sleep even with aleve
Can I take another aleve? Or ibuprofen? I have lunesta also for sleep. Can I take it also?
Do I need an X-ray?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Natasha replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Cameron :

hello

Dr. Cameron :

welcome to the chat

Dr. Cameron :

How much aleve have you taken?

Dr. Cameron :

just 1?

Dr. Cameron :

I see that you are not online any more

Dr. Cameron :

You can take up to 3 aleve a day

Dr. Cameron :

In general, you do NOT need an xray unless there is a history of trauma

Dr. Cameron :

You should not take aleve and ibuprofen at the same time- you can take one or the other- they are similar medications- NSAIDS

Dr. Cameron :

Yes, you can take lunesta to help you sleep

Dr. Cameron :

If you stretched or partially tore a muscle then it can take a few days to heal

Dr. Cameron :

Another possibility is trochanteric bursitis which is on the hip as well.

Dr. Cameron :

You can read about it here:

Dr. Cameron :

http://my.clevelandclinic.org/disorders/bursitis/hic_trochanteric_bursitis.aspx

Dr. Cameron :

Treatment is also NSAIDS and ice

Dr. Cameron :

I hope that this helped

Dr. Cameron :

Please leave positive feedback if it did :-0

Dr. Cameron :

:-)

Carolyn
You were not in chat when I was typing- it said you were offline
Please let me know if you have more questions about this or if I provided you with excellent service.. :-)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi yes I'm not sure how to stay online . I just wait for the notification of a response. Thx I will take one more aleve as I took one only at 11 pm. I have never had a history of this . Only osteoarthritis in knee. It just concerns me as it hurts even when resting asleep but I'll wait to see if heals in a couple days. Can I still teach my class Friday? If I stay off it rest of week?
No problem.
I am wondering if it is trochanteric bursitis- please take a look at the link- it is in the area of the hip as well. And that will hurt when you are asleep.
I would plan on staying off of it for the rest of the week. Friday is quickly approaching and you don't want to aggravate it

thanks

I hope this helped.
Please leave positive feedback if it did :-)
Dr. Natasha, Doctor
Experience: American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing
Hi Carolyn
I was wondering how you were feeling :-)