Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing
16455829

I had a metetarsal stress fracture since march 2013 but it

I had a metetarsal stress fracture since march 2013 but it o nly got diagnosed 2 months ago, because I walked on the f oot unaware of this i have know got pain and swelling due t o this. I don't know why my foot. gets puffy everytime I walK.
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.

it sounds like your metatarsal fracture has not completely healed up.

you need to rest your food and elevate your foot.

have you had recent xrays to make sure the bone is healing properly?
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I did have the last x Ray 2 months ago, I have an appointment with a podiatric surgeon next week. The consultant also said my bones seemed somewhat osteopenic?The swelling does go down when I elevate it but starts as soon as I am on my foot.
hi
It appears that the other doctor is offline. Seeing the podiatrist is the next best step- and I am glad you have an appointment.
That being said, it is quite strange for a 25 year old to have stress fractures and be osteopenic.
You may need to be evaluated by an endocrinologist to make sure that you do not have a hormonal reason for the osteopenia- a full body bony density scan would help.
Another VERY overlooked reason is celiac disease- usually this causes gastrointestinal symptoms, but in some patients, particularly young females, osteopenia and stress fractures may be your only symptom. Please please ask them about this. I have seen this underdiagnosed many times..

http://celiacdisease.about.com/od/medicalguidelines/a/osteoporosis.htm

Hang in there

please keep me posted.

I hope that I provided you with excellent service? :-)?
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience: American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing
HI I was checking to see how you were doing :)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, I go to see the podiatric consultant on Wednesday. I had a bunion operation last July could this have anything to with the stress fracture?

No, this would not be related to the stress fracture.
I hope that this helped :-)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I went to see the podiatrist today and he referred me for ultrasound guided steroid injection. I go to have it done on Friday, the doctor said he will review me again in six weeks time. I'm just hoping this works.