Dr. Natasha
Dr. Natasha, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing

I have a feeling of spinning accompanied by nausea... This

Customer Question

I have a feeling of spinning accompanied by nausea... This is the third time today. My first time was yesterday when I went jogging.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Natasha replied 6 months ago.

Dr. Cameron :

hello

Dr. Cameron :

welcome to the chat

Dr. Cameron :

please type and hit reply

Dr. Cameron :

Does the spinning get worse when you move your head?

Customer:

I think it did. I have to close my eye so it can stop.

Dr. Cameron :

any weakness, numbness, headache?

Customer:

nausea...

Dr. Cameron :

any buzzing or hearing issues?

Customer:

not sure...

Dr. Cameron :

okay

Dr. Cameron :

It sounds like your have a peripheral vertigo. Basically this is a disorder of the VIII cranial nerve and cause be caused by inflammation or abnormality in the inner ear (such as over production of lymph fluid in the semicircular canals, or dislodgement of otoliths). More serious causes of vertigo would be a brain tumor or cerebellar stroke (central vertigo) but generally people do not report any ringing in their ears.

I would recommend that you make an appointment to be seen by your regular doctor. You might start to feel worse and vomit. As well you need to be screened for possible central vertigo (more serious). The treatment for this is usually meclizine (or valium) and an antinausea medication. Please do not drive until you feel better.

Dr. Cameron :

Did you see all of that?

Customer:

I dont have insurance that is why i am talking to you.

Dr. Cameron :

ok

Dr. Cameron :

Well, you can try over the counter medication like meclizine

Dr. Cameron :

this is specific for vertigo (peripheral)

Customer:

I will do that.

Dr. Cameron :

but if you have any other symptoms, you will need to go to an urgent care clinic to get checked out

Dr. Cameron :

does that seem reasonable?

Dr. Cameron :

Of course if you have weakness, numbness, headache, then you need to go to the ER because you will need a CT scan of the head

Customer:

yes, thanks

Dr. Cameron :

sound good?

Dr. Cameron :

great

Dr. Cameron :

I hope that I provided you with excellent service? :-)?

Customer:

yes you did

Dr. Cameron :

keep me posted

Customer:

I will, thanks again.

Dr. Cameron :

you are welcome

Dr. Natasha, Doctor
Experience: American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Thats all for now. I just got the medicine you recommended(Meclizine) We have to see how it works.

thanks alex!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

I am taking Meclizine 25 mg once a day as you suggested. The attacks are gone but now I am light headed all the time. I my planning to consult an ear doctor.

Great. Keep me posted, Alex
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Now I have another question.

Right now I am having pain on my upper right side of my stomach. Also hurts when urinating. I have the feeling I have to go to the restroom all the time ( today). I had this pain once before, at the beginning of September. What can i take for the pain? Is this issue related to the dizziness also?

Hi Alex this is NOT related to the dizziness
BUt you should get your urine checked.
This may be a urinary tract infection.
You can take motrin for the pain, but you need to get your urine checked asap.
If you have fever, back pain, vomiting you need to go to the ER

THis is considered to be an unrelated question as according to site rules- so if I helped you, positive feedback if really appreciated :-)
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

I just took Ibuprofen 600 mg... i hope it works the same as Motrin.

yes, it is
but please get yuor urine checked

I hope that this helped! please leave positive feedback if it did :-)