Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialities
28277873

I was just diagnosed with Lymphocytic Colitis. I have read

I was just diagnosed with Lymphocytic Colitis. I have read the online information and believe that I understand what is known about this disease. My doctor plans to start me on Entocort. What I would like to know, if possible, is if this disease is a stand alone issue that just needs to be handled as best as possible or if there are associative links or progressions to other disease processes likely down the road.

Hello and thank you for the question.
Answers given are for informational purposes only and are not meant to replace an exam by an in-person.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Specialist and i will do my best to help you today.

Okay.

No this is an isolated disease process. There is a very weak association with coeliac disease. And few case reports suggesting its link with lymphoma (but this is clinically insiginificant due to lack of enough data).

Right now the focus should only be to;

control the symptoms and to keep you in remission.

Stay relaxed.

My goal is to provide you with Excellent Service - if satisfied with the response, Please do not forget to Rate my service as this is the only way i get credit for my time and expertise on your question.

If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindest Regards.