Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H,34 years of experience

I am on atenolol 100 ml, benicar hct 12/25, and amoldepine

I am on atenolol 100 ml, benicar hct 12/25, and amoldepine 5ml, and I don't have any libido at all. I am a 54 year old black female. Is there anything that I can do to help my libido. My doctor gave me testosterone 2ml. It lubricates but I still don't have a desire. What can I do.
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.

most likely those blood pressure medications you are taking are not causing your loss of libido.

at your age, you could be suffering from being perimenopausal and declines of your estrogen levels which can cause you to have hot flashes and vaginal dryness and loss of libido.

I would talk to your doctor or gyn doctor about using vaginal estrogen cream and also possibly going on hormone replacement therapy to replace some of the estrogen you have loss.

this can help get your estrogen levels back up and this will help with your libido issues

use of testosterone in women is still controversial and can cause lots of side effects of weight gain and hair growth and acne issues which you have had already
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What about the harmful side effects of hormone replacement therapy? (Breast Cancer). What side effects can I expect from that. What kind replacement therapy? Is there a certain kind. What kind of estrogen cream. If there is not a test for the estrogen cream is there one you could suggest.?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Please answer the questions that I asked about the hormone replacement therapy and breast cancer. Also about the vaginal estrogen cream suggested by Dr. David.
The increased risk of endometrial cancer while on HRT was recognised in the 70s and the use of HRT went down sharply for some time.Research indicated life style benefits,including benefits in osteoporosis and possible cardiac disease.Better delivery and lower doses of the hormones,especially in combination with progesterone has been found fairly safe and is much in use.You and your doctor need to discuss and decide whether you would like to use a combined pill for HRT or a oestrogen vaginal cream like Premarin vaginal cream or Estrace vaginal cream.Both pills and cream have their pro-and cons,the decision is finally yours. is a site of interest.
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience: MBBS,DTM&H,34 years of experience