Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

Hello. I am an 18 year old female. I have been experiencing

Hello. I am an 18 year old female. I have been experiencing a strange sensation in my right ear. I can constantly hear my heartbeat in my ear. It seems to be getting worse everyday. I also have a headache. I also saw spots late last night, but that could be because I got up in the middle of the night (I wear corrective lenses). It's making it difficult to focus. It is very loud, and my head feels heavy. I'm considering going to Urgent Care at the moment, but would like your opinion before I put myself through that.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing Internal Medicine Physician. Excellent service is my goal.

Thanks for this question

This is definitely a good reason to go to urgent care.

Vision disturbance, R ear sensation and heartbeat in the ears needs to be checked for a dissection.

This is where an artery in the brain tears.

I know this sounds extreme but heart beat in the ears (known as pulsatile tinnitus) needs to be checked for this always.

This would be exceedingly unusual at your age but it's possible

Other possibilities would be an ear infection, migraine headache or viral illness

I hope this helps. If you have more questions, just reply. :)
I appreciate the excellent rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)