Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, with wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.

I noticed I had dry throat a lot lately, even when Im eating

I noticed I had dry throat a lot lately, even when I'm eating it like my throat closes when I eat or something. I've notice some throat irritation and red bumps in the back only. I tried to gargle with salt water, it only make my throat feel dry. I am super scared right now.

Welcome and thank you for your question.

Sensation of dryness in the throat occurs due to inflammation of the tissues of the throat. The fact that you have a throat irritation as well as red bumps confirms that you do have an infection and inflammation.

Gargling with warm salt water will help - while initially it may feel dry, you will soon notice that it soothe the tissues as well. Alternately, you can put chlorhexidene solution in the warm water instead of the salt - since this is an antiseptic, it will be helpful in decreasing the infection. Chlorhexidene is available without a prescription.

Please consult a doctor for a checkup - you will need a throat swab to be sent for a lab test. meanwhile, you can take Ibuprofen tablets to decrease the inflammiiton and continue with the warm water gargle.

I hope this helps.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you!

You are welcome.

Please click on a positive rating to leave feedback.