Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialities
28277873

Im 17 years old and Im 5"1. I really want to get taller so

I'm 17 years old and I'm 5"1. I really want to get taller so I've been wanting to buy supplement pills for height growth. Is there any advice you can give me or any product names that you highly approve?

Dr. Sohaib :

Hello and thank you for the question.
Answers given are for informational purposes only and are not meant to replace an exam by an in-person.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Specialist and i will do my best to help you today.

Dr. Sohaib :

You might come across a number of natural supplements available over the counter to gain height, but these products are not FDA regulated, and no one can be sure about their efficacy, or any side effects that may arise any time. These are non-scientific and just a waste of time and money.

Infact most of these claims about efficacy of such products are hoax.

Its better to stick to evidence based drugs whose efficacy has been proven beyond any reasonable doubt. In your case, it can simply be a deficiency of growth hormone; and for this you need to see an Endocrinologist first, have a physical evaluation done along with appropriate tests; and get further management plan chalked out that suits best to your needs. If you bones are still growing (their ends are not fused ---- it happens by the age of 16-18 years) then it would be the right time to get the therapy initiated. Once the bones have fused; no treatment is available to increase your height.

Dr. Sohaib :

Growth hormone (somatotropin) is the standard and scientific treatment to gain height. So your next step is to have a consultation soon with an Endocrinologist discussing the details i have mentioned.

Dr. Sohaib :

Goodluck :)

Dr. Sohaib :

My goal is to provide you with Excellent Service - if satisfied with the response, Please do not forget to Rate my service as this is the only way i get credit for my time and expertise on your question.

If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindest Regards.

Hello Louis.

Did you read i just answered?

Kindest Regards.