Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

Hi Dr I recently(4 weeks back)received an unprotected

Hi Dr

I recently(4 weeks back)received an unprotected handjob from a massage centre and have been very worried about this incident.

I did a HIV multiplex pcr rna test at 10 days post exposure which came back negative.

But now a days I feel tired and developed sore throat and fever. so i am worried if my test results are valid. i have also read that rna pcr is not accurate. please let me know if need to go for further tests
Hi there...
As it is highly unlikely to get HIV by handjob. But still if you are concerned and want to rule out HIV you should get rapid test as it is advised to get this test after 3 weeks of expected exposure.So please get rapid screening test for HIV.
Regards XXXXX XXXXX luck.
Please leave positive feedback for me.
Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Dr Abid

Could you please let me know the accuracy of MPX PCR RNA at 10 days.

Regards

Thanks for your follow up question...
Most HIV DNA PCR tests are between 95 to 99 percent accurate. Factors that affect the accuracy include the type of test conducted equipment used, and how long the infection has been in the blood. A person may have to wait a few weeks to retest to be sure of the results.
At 10 days accuracy varies 95-99 percent.
Regards XXXXX XXXXX luck.
Please leave positive feedback for me.
Thanks.