Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

can you be infected with multiple strains of hpv at once?

Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.

Yes, it is possible but seldom seen.
Usually one can get infected with a strain and clear it up and then get another strain. Sometimes, infection with two different strains overlap each other as well depending upon the rate of clearance of infection, the immunity of the person infected and disease activity.
Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service.
If you have more questions or queries on the subject please reply back.
Best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

is hpv wart removal painful?

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply.

Not very much, depends on your tolerance level for pain.
If it is to be done surgically then it is done under local anesthesia and the local anesthesia is injected in the area around the wart. An experienced surgeon will inject it with a small calibre needle like a 27 G needle in one area and once the area is completely anesthesized only then s/he will inject again, this time going through the numb area.
Once, numb the removal is pain free.
But yes, post removal pain does occur but is usually well controlled with oral pain killers.
If it is done by chemical cauterization, then it can be done under local anesthesia too.
Hope this helps.
Best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

what is the likelihood my body will clear the infection even after I have had warts?

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply.

It depends on the strain of the virus and your immunity. Young healthy men under 30 yeasrs of age who have low risk HPV strains are very likely to clear the virus.
Hope this helps.
Best.
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.