How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Rick, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 11239
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Rick, MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Name isXXXXX had a stroke about 8 yrs ago. I now suffer

This answer was rated:

My Name isXXXXX had a stroke about 8 yrs ago. I now suffer with pain in my hips and lower and upper back.having said this when I stop moving eg. walking ,folding laundry ,dishes just moving. As soon as I stop moving the pain stops.I know sounds dumb. I think there might be a blockage somewhere.I have had CT scan MRI and blood work and everyting comes back good but I still hurt.
Thanks Melissa.

Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience.

I'm sorry to hear that you have been suffering with this pain for so long.

It sounds like you have spent quite some time trying to get to the bottom of what is going on. I am sure that your previous doctors have thought of, and ruled out, all of the common and easily treatable conditions that could be causing your issues. Would you say this is a correct statement?

At this point I think the best thing for you to do would be to gather up copies of all your medical records and travel to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the country and I am sure that there is one near you.

I know that this is going to take significant effort on your part but I believe that going to one of the "Medical Mecca's" is your best chance to, finally, get to the bottom of what is going on and get some lasting relief from this pain.

I would suggest you start with a consultation in the anesthesiology/pain management department at the University.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much I will see about going to the

Woman 's College Hospital in Toronto It would be great to get to the bottom of this pain. I am a very busy person and love to garden and bike and walk and cannot do anything.

Thanks Again



That sounds like an excellent idea. I wish you the very best.

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, MD and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you