Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I have been told that I am only contagious when the spots turn

I have been told that I am only contagious when the spots turn into blisters - my spots are just red raised spots but no blisters. I have been on antiviral tablets for seven days but finish tomorrow morning and want to know if it is safe to have an MRI Scan of my shoulder next Tuesday as there are no blisters forming.
HI, Thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX and I am here to help you today. I will be happy to help you with your follow-up questions also. I am going to address your primary concern first. Yes it is absolutely safe to get MRI while having these spots. There is no contraindication to get MRI in this case. You can even go for MRI while having blisters. I hope this answers your question but please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.