Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialities

Treated for h pylori with hpac for 7 days, took away initial

Treated for h pylori with hpac for 7 days, took away initial symptoms, 3 days after completing treatment started suffer with rashes and hives which persist more than 6 weeks later. could this be the h pylori is not gone?

Hello and thank you for the question Chris.
Answers given are for informational purposes only and are not meant to replace an exam by an in-person.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Specialist and i will do my best to help you today.

It is extremely unlikely that this rash represent an ongoing H.pylori infection or indicates eradication failure of h pylori.

Infact a rash is not a usual symptom of h.pylori.

In your case the most likely possibility is of a drug induced rash (the antibiotics you took for h pylori eradication).

You should have your treatment reviewed by your doctor, preferably in consultation with a dermatologist and have further management plan chalked out.

May be you need high doses of steroids, and anti-histamines for a longer duration (2 weeks) until this settles down.

The dermatologist may also take a skin biopsy if there are any doubts in the diagnosis; and the biopsy report will clarify the situation to chalk out a more specific and targeted management plan.

My goal is to provide you with Excellent Service - if satisfied with the response, Please do not forget to Rate my service as this is the only way i get credit for my time and expertise on your question.

If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindest Regards.

Hello Chris.
I hope you are fine.
Is there anything else i can help you with?
I will be glad to assist.