Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialities
28277873

I have ferritin levels 600-700 I havent got iron overload

I have ferritin levels 600-700 I haven't got iron overload disease have had blood in seamen for 6 weeks but now cleared prostrate urine ok should I be concerned mark

Hello and thank you for the question.
Answers given are for informational purposes only and are not meant to replace an exam by an in-person.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Specialist and i will do my best to help you today.

You need to answer a few questions first which will help me assist you in a better way.

What are your hemoglobin levels?

When did you have the ferritin test?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

not sure on haemoglobin ferritin tests 4weeks ago / 2 mths ago liver test down a little but had germ in liver when 19 heppetis

Thank you very much for the useful information Mark.

Well yes, no worries right now as these high levels reflect the chronic inflammation and infection you had (cured now); and the ferritin levels may take some time to get back to normal once the infection is clear and eradicated.

If the doctors have ruled out iron over load, and your hemoglobin levels are normal, there is nothing significant to worry about; just get the levels repeated after 10-14 days (thats what i would have done), and by that time the levels should have gone down significantly or might fall with in normal range.

My goal is to provide you with Excellent Service - if satisfied with the response, Please do not forget to Rate my service as this is the only way i get credit for my time and expertise on your question.

If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindest Regards.