Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

What is causing my bladder pressure/frequent urination? Ive

What is causing my bladder pressure/frequent urination?

I've been to urologists and different doctors. I was on three different medications used to treat overactive bladder.. all of which did nothing.

I had heard somewhere that these types of issues can be nerve/lower back related?

This has been going on for about a year now.. it's the worst
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.

if medications to help with overactive bladder muscles didn't help, then it could be another issue.

you could have a chronic prostatitis infection going on. you might need an ultrasound or MRI scan of your prostate to check for chronic prostate inflammation.

you could have a stone or a bladder diverticulosis in your bladder which is irritating your bladder causing you to have bladder pressure and frequent urination.

a cystoscopy procedure by a urologist to look inside the bladder can look for bladder stones or bladder diverticulosis.

have you had a cystosocpy procedure yet to look inside of the bladder?

also excessive anxiety can cause symptoms of bladder pressure and frequent urination as well.

do you have excessive anxiety or anxiety disorder?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I do have issues with excessive anxiety

I have had an Ultrasound and everything came back normal

I have not had a cystoscopy.. that was viewed as a bit of a last resort by the doctor

yes, that can be done. a cystoscopy to look inside of the bladder.

however, if you have excessive anxiety, this can cause nervous bladder symptoms and bladder pressure symptoms often.

you need better treatments for your anxiety symptoms and I bet your bladder symptoms will get better if you have less anxiety.

what treatments are you getting for your excessive anxiety at this point?

if you are not on any treatments, you need to get on some treatments, some medications and psychotherapy counseling to help with your anxiety. this will also help your bladder most likely.

let me know if you have questions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I recently started seeing a therapist, and taking a supplement for my anxiety.. I'm not on any medications though?

that is good that you have started some treatments

I hope the therapist helps

see how that goes

if your anxiety syptoms continue to be a problem, you might need stronger prescription medications like zoloft, paxil, klonopin, and ativan or xanax to help with your anxiety symptoms.

you can talk to your doctor about these options at any time.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please click accept and leave positive feedback below the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" if you have any other questions

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com