Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.

I have been noticing various blood in my intermittently

I have been noticing various blood in my ejaculate intermittently over the past year or so. Sometimes it goes away for a while but lately it has hung around to such a degree that ive stopped having sex out of worry that it could be something serious. when i look at the skin on the underside of my scrotum, it appears that I have broken blood vessels visible through the skin. I would love to know what can be done about this.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 10 months ago.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

I am Dr. P. Jyoti, MD. I promise to use my full experience and knowledge to provide answers specific to your question. Feel free to ask me anything.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

Hello would you like to chat on this? Please type into your message box and press 'enter' or 'reply' to send the message so that we can have a live chat.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

is there any pain, burning sensation, etc?

Customer:

There is no pain or burning sensation

Dr. P. Jyoti :

ok

Dr. P. Jyoti :

most cases of blood in the ejaculate is due to small traumas which are unnoticed

Dr. P. Jyoti :

even trauma during sex can cause this

Dr. P. Jyoti :

but since you are having it recurrently other factors may be involve

Dr. P. Jyoti :

involved

Dr. P. Jyoti :

another possibility is polyps in the ejaculatory duct

Dr. P. Jyoti :

prostatitis or other inflammation in the prostate can also cause this

Dr. P. Jyoti :

you need to get checked up for this

Dr. P. Jyoti :

dont worry, this is not at all likely to be malignancy at your age and considering the long length of your symptoms

Dr. P. Jyoti :

so you should go to the doctor

Dr. P. Jyoti :

go to your family physician/primary care physician

Customer:

okay

Dr. P. Jyoti :

specialist for this is a Urologist and you can consider going to one if available

Dr. P. Jyoti :

a number of different treatments can be given depending on the cause

Dr. P. Jyoti :

but first the cause needs to be identified

Customer:

okay. i dont have medical insurance, but I think this is worth paying out of pocket for i suppose

Dr. P. Jyoti :

an Ultrasound is usually sufficient to identify the cause

Dr. P. Jyoti :

so go ahead an get this done

Dr. P. Jyoti :

yes, I am afraid you have to get this done even if you are paying out of your pocket

Dr. P. Jyoti :

cant neglect this

Customer:

okay

Dr. P. Jyoti :

dont worry, both the cause and treatment is simple enough

Dr. P. Jyoti :

but it needs to be treated at the earliest

Dr. P. Jyoti :

take care

Customer:

alright. whata would the treatment be?

Dr. P. Jyoti :

as i said, in most cases it is due to trauma or infection

Dr. P. Jyoti :

so antibiotics, enzymatics to decrease inflammation, etc are all that are required

Dr. P. Jyoti :

in polyps, sometimes excision may be needed

Customer:

alright thank you

Dr. P. Jyoti :

thats a small day procedure

Dr. P. Jyoti :

glad to help

Dr. P. Jyoti :

Hope this shows you the way forward - wish you good health and a quick recovery.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

I trust my answer has helped you gain more knowledge and confidence about your problem and in knowing what to discuss with your doctor.

Customer:

thank you for your help

Dr. P. Jyoti :

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Bonus is always welcome - Thank you!

Dr.P.Jyoti, MD.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

any further questions?

Dr. P. Jyoti :

You now need to give a rating if the answer has satisfied you and you have no more questions.
We are paid only when a positive rating is given.
Thanks.

Customer:

is it possible to print this exchange so i dont forget some of the terms you used?

Dr. P. Jyoti :

Rating system is the row of faces below - click on a happy face to give a good rating. Bonus is always welcome Thank you.
Dr. P. Jyoti

Dr. P. Jyoti :

thats right, you can get this printed

Dr. P. Jyoti :

ask for a copy of the exchange from the customer service after a positive rating

Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience: 17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.