Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!
my husband although 90 years old is an extremely active man,you would not beleive his age if you saw him,his recent physical amazed his doctor,nothing wrong could be found and he was declared in excellent health,a few weeks after exposure to heavy toxic gasoline fumes,his chest began to ache,Dr. put him on antibiotics and cough syrup thinking it was just a minor infection but treatment did not help and husband began coughing up blood,Dr. ordered a cat scan,shortly the radiologist called and said get Mr Clay to emergency immmediatly,he has a blood clot in his lung that is life threatening ,he was taken to the operating room and surgeon put a filter in his chest and stated him on Warfarin which he still must take every day,he must have another cat scan in Dec/13 to see when filter can be removed. so you see Dr. David my husband had no lung problems before only after breathing in gasoline fumes,plus my husband never smoked in his life so he had no damage at all to his lungs, You already know my side of this incident,I am still being treated also for the awful pain of Pleurisy,my oncologist had to increase the gabapentin for my pain to 600mgs from 300mgs. This is not a happy time for us!!! CarolAnn Clay
I don't see your answer to my reply below dated Wednesday 18,2013.Look forward to hearing from you Dr. David if you have anything to add to my letter below. Thankyou CarolAnn Clay
Yes we have met with our attorney and will be meeting again on the 30th,we were instructed to have no contact with car dealer,they have been told by our attorney that my husband and I will not be signing any release due to medical reasons,so this is where we stand at his time Dr. David. Thanks for your reply,if you have anything further to add we welcome your input.
Thankyou CarolAnn Clay