Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Dear Doctor, I had protected relation with HIV positive

Customer Question

Dear Doctor,

I had protected sexual relation with HIV positive women (didn't know she's HIV positive except after relation) 6 month and 9 days ago.

I kept getting sick since that time and got flu with diariah with skin rash with throat problems and fatique for almost 2 month and got better on antibiotic but still till now having the skin rash and fatique.

Also my wife started getting sick since 1 week.

I did 9 HIV tests from 6 month till date and all results negative. All tests I did is HIV P24 & Combo test.

I contact Dr. though your website weeks ago and he told me that I can never be infected of HIV position not even 1% after all these test and after passing 6 month.

But I have been getting heavy night sweats for last 3 days which made me open the subject again.

I did again HIV combo test on Abbott Architect machine yesterday which exactly pass 6 month & 9 days and results is negative.

I need to know and rest and cant think anymore about this.

Do I have 1% possibility of having HIV infection ?

how can I be sure that Im out of HIV for ever ?

can I have HIV and test negative after 6 month & 9 days.

thank you and waiting for your feedback.

T.G
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 11 months ago.

Dr. Rick, MD :

Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

Dr. Rick, MD :

From what you have posted, I believe that your chances of having caught HIV from the protected sexual encounter is as close to zero as humanly possible.

Dr. Rick, MD :

Your symptoms are most likely from anxiety. Given your test results, your use of protection and the time that has passed, you do not have HIV virus in your body.

Dr. Rick, MD :

You can rest easy on this point.

Dr. Rick, MD :

Does this make sense to you?

Customer:

sure . but you mean close to zero so not accurate yet

Customer:

can any person on earth have HIV while testing HIV combo test negative after 6 month & 9 days exactly?

Customer:

First , I thank you for your cooperation and Highly appreciate it

Dr. Rick, MD :

No. I mean that nothing in life, or medicine is 100% sure. Us doctors never say never. But -- if I was to say that a particular person had a 100% for-sure, zero chance of having caught HIV, from what you have posted, you would be that person.

Dr. Rick, MD :

You do not have HIV

Dr. Rick, MD :

Glad I could be of help. Have a good day.

Dr. Rick, MD :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.

Dr. Rick, MD : Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?
Dr. Rick, MD : From what you have posted, I believe that your chances of having caught HIV from the protected sexual encounter is as close to zero as humanly possible.
Dr. Rick, MD : Your symptoms are most likely from anxiety. Given your test results, your use of protection and the time that has passed, you do not have HIV virus in your body.
Dr. Rick, MD : You can rest easy on this point.
Dr. Rick, MD : Does this make sense to you? Customer: sure . but you mean close to zero so not accurate yet Customer: can any person on earth have HIV while testing HIV combo test negative after 6 month & 9 days exactly? Customer: First , I thank you for your cooperation and Highly appreciate it
Dr. Rick, MD : No. I mean that nothing in life, or medicine is 100% sure. Us doctors never say never. But -- if I was to say that a particular person had a 100% for-sure, zero chance of having caught HIV, from what you have posted, you would be that person.
Dr. Rick, MD : You do not have HIV
Dr. Rick, MD : Glad I could be of help. Have a good day.
Dr. Rick, MD : I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Tarek,

There is a better chance of the moon falling down and crushing the Earth than you having caught HIV from your previous sexual experience.

You, truly, are OK.

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Dear Doctor.

Please I still confused concerning the HIV infection.

I did several tests of HIV P24 & combo test for the last 6 month & 17 days from last sexual relation and all test results were negative.

Also I just tested a HIV PCR test 11 days ago and test result also came back negative.

Is these tests and HIV PCR accurate 1000% and sure that no HIV infection or still any chance later of infection.

I need to remove this from my mind please.

Thanks and best regards,

TG.

Tarek,

You do not have HIV infection. Your test results prove this.

You can remove this from your mind.

The only way you will have a later infection is from a new sexual encounter. You are fine.

Trust me. I am a doctor. :)

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Dear Doctor,

Greetings,

Please find attached image of Rash that my wife is having since yesterday.

Please advise if what kind is this rash and what we should do.

Waiting for your feedback & highly appreciate your cooperation.

Thanks and best regards,

Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 10 months ago.
Tarek,

The image did not attach.

You probably need to open a new question thread. Just ask for me and I will be happy to assist you again.

Dr. Rick
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

It is not in focus....can you try again, making sure to have enough light for the camera and being in focus on the lesions?

Does she have any other symptoms?

Is that the inside of her leg by her knee?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

She was having flu and her monthly period 3 days ago.

the location is on her left leg by her knee and some are on the leg from down.

Tarek,

I am sorry, but due to the limitations of the pictures and online transmission, I am not going to be able to give you even a good guess of what that rash is all about.

I'm afraid you are going to have to haul her to a doctor for an in-person evaluation to get to the bottom of that rash.

I realize that this was not the answer you were hoping to hear but it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.

Surely, you prefer that I tell the truth rather than what you wish to hear. Because it reflects very poorly on me unless you press one of the top three feedback choices, keep this in mind when rating my answer and please do not punish me for being honest. I understand that this may not be easy to hear, and I empathize.

Even though my answer was not quite what you were hoping for, please understand that my priority was to provide you with the most honest information. With that in consideration, I hope that you found my answer useful. Please click the excellent feedback button so that I can receive credit for my efforts.

Dr Rick MD FACS
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

dear doctor.

please find attached new picture of the rash. its in her left leg. very itchy and becoming more.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Tarek,

That is a very good picture :)

Those may be some sort of bug bites or, and I can't tell from the picture, if they are kinda elevated like a pimple that you could pop, they may be folliculitis, furuncles or carbuncles.

She should clean the area with soap and water and apply special soaps such as povidone iodine scrub and, possibly a topical antibacterial ointment.

If this doesn't work she may need oral antibiotics after seeing a doctor.

Does this make sense to you?

Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

doctor :

Please advise can this be any kind of dangerous rash infection.

Tarek,

Of course, with just internet chat and picture to go on, that is a very difficult question to answer.

But, that being said, I do not believe this is a life or limb threatening infection or rash.

A complete, in person, exam by a doctor would be required to be 110% sure though....but I'd not worry too much at this point.