Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialities

Dr, Can tenoretic 100 be combined with losartan 50 in the treatment

Dr, Can tenoretic 100 be combined with losartan 50 in the treatment of hypertension?

Hello and thank you for the question Simon.
Answers given are for informational purposes only and are not meant to replace an exam by an in-person.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Specialist and i will do my best to help you today.

Yes; both the drugs can be taken together as no major interaction exist between these drugs.

However, as per standard guidelines, any new drug should only be started under supervision of your doctor with his approval.

There are clinical studies available to show that the combination of atenolol (tenoretic) and losartan works better for blood pressure control than either of these agents when used alone.

My goal is to provide you with Excellent Service - if satisfied with the response, Please do not forget to Rate my service as this is the only way i get credit for my time and expertise on your question.

If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindest Regards.