Ken, Postgraduate doctor
Experience:  Working as a Doctor who Cares since 2001.

I am a 31 year old female. For the past 3 years I have had

I am a 31 year old female. For the past 3 years I have had chronic diarrhea, left side jaw pain mostly around my chin high bp and heart palpitations. I have had several test done including EK, ct scans, routine labs, hepatitis screening and all is negative. I have even had my gallbladder removed and they said it was completely normal. Please help!

I am Dr Ken and I will be helping you today.

Did diarrhea start after gall bladder removal? Were investigations like colonoscopy/ stool analysis done?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Diarrhea started before gallbladder removed. I had a colonoscopy and stool cultures done and all was negative

Do you have anxiety/ stress or any thyroid issue?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I didn't before all this started but they say I do now and that is what they are treating me for but I worry with the jaw pain its not anxiety. My thyroid level was 5.2 and they put me on synthroid and it is 4.0 now

Diarrhea can be due to varied causes - Infection/ allergy/ inflammatory bowel disease/ ischemia of the bowel loops/ hormonal causes/ psychological causes, extra.

Infection looks not likely with you considering chronic nature of the symptoms.

I would get a repeat colonoscopy with may be biopsy to look for the cause. A CT angiogram to look for blood supply of the bowel loops should also help and give us more answers.

I am happy that thyroid issue has been resolved. You also need to manage stress. Along with medicines try - Yoga, meditation. They help a lot.

Wish you well.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have been reading and one thing I'm worried about is chronic pancreatitis. I don't drink a lot but maybe twice as a month with friends. If I had that and that is what is causing the diarrhea would it show up on the CT scan? I just worry because it says it is hard to diagnose

Pancreas is the organ in the abdomen {upper abdomen - just below your breast bone}. It is easily seen on CT scan. Pancreatitis can not be missed on CT scan. Having alcohol twice a month would not cause pancreatitis.

In nutshell - Negative CT scan rules out pancreatitis {acute or chronic}.