Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

My mother woke up this morning and we went into the bathroom.

My mother woke up this morning and we went into the bathroom. Upon exiting, she said she felt weak and had a hard time walking. (She uses a walker.) She wanted to go right back to bed. She said she was very hot (so I pulled off her bathrobe) and her back hurt her a lot. When we got back into her bedroom and I put her back into bed, I noticed that her face was clammy and ashen looking. I took her temp and it was 95. She is now sleeping again. Will this just go away today or should I try and get her in to see her doctor? We want to try and avoid going to an emergency room,if we can help it.

Dr. Rick, MD :

Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

Dr. Rick, MD :

From what you have posted, she needs to be seen by a doctor right away.

Customer:

What do you think is wrong with her?

Dr. Rick, MD :

If she can not see her regular doctor then, unfortunately, the only other option, is to go to the ER even if you had to call 911 to get her there.

Customer:

What makes you think so?

Dr. Rick, MD :

That is hard to tell from what you have posted, but I do know that at her age she doesn't have a lot of reserve to fight what ever may be going on....

Dr. Rick, MD :

She is old, she is weak, can't walk, she is feeling hot but her temp is very, very low, she is ashen and clammy.......That would be serious if it were you or me. In her, I consider it an emergency.

Customer:

I know she has a history of high blood pressure and that is being controlled by medication. Should I give her medicine this morning?

Dr. Rick, MD :

If we knew what her BP was, I could answer that with more confidence. One thing for sure. Giving her BP meds is not going to fix what is going on.

Customer:

okay do you know what causes our body temp to be below normal?

Dr. Rick, MD :

There are many causes, especially in a person her age. It could be from a severe infection (sepsis), heart problems, etc. The list of the many causes really won't help you or here right now. What she needs is immediate medical attention.

Customer:

Ok, thanks a lot

Dr. Rick, MD :

My pleasure. I hope she gets better soon.

Dr. Rick, MD :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS