Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

Hello,Im a 24yo male. This morning I noticed a problem

I'm a 24yo male. This morning I noticed a problem with the 4th and 5th digits of my right foot: decreased sensation, decreased power in flexion, and an almost total loss of abduction. No history of trauma. No pain. Physical exam looks unremarkable. This hasn't happened to me before.

I can appreciate your concern.

It is best to get this looked up.

The most likely cause is stress on that side of the foot, due to ill fitting shoes or a long period of standing or trekking.

Cuboid syndrome, a condition of nerve entrapment on that side, can also cause weakness of the toes of the lateral side.

However neurological conditions also need to be ruled out. Nerve or muscle weakness diseases can also cause this weakness.

Hence see a doctor for this. You need to get this examined.

For now, give rest to the foot. Take care to wear comfortable shoes. Avoid exercises or any other strain to the foot. Usually this is all you will need to recover from these symptoms.

Hope this shows you the way forward - wish you good health and a quick recovery.

I trust my answer has helped you gain more knowledge and confidence about your problem and in knowing what to discuss with your doctor.

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Bonus is always welcome - Thank you!

Dr.P.Jyoti, MD.