Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.

Hi woke up dizzy. Hav no fever, stoolin or anything! Pls wht

Hi woke up dizzy. Hav no fever, stoolin or anything! Pls wht do I do? Still slightly dizzy now
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 9 months ago.

There can be a number of causes for such dizziness on waking up.

Most common is ear causes like BPPV, labyrinthitis, etc. Cervical spondylosis can also cause such dizziness. Neurological conditions like stroke/mini stroke can also be the cause, and also heart conditions sometimes.

Such dizziness should always be checked by a doctor. I would advise you to seek medical help immediately for this. Call your doctor and describe your symptoms. If your doctor is not reachable then you should go to the ER.

Dizziness can be the symptom of a serious disease, and you should go to the doctor immediately for such dizziness.

For now, take a Cap. Benadryl which has an anti-dizziness effect and will help you. But see the doctor ASAP.

Hope this shows you the way forward - wish you good health and a quick recovery.

I trust my answer has helped you gain more knowledge and confidence about your problem and in knowing what to discuss with your doctor.

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Bonus is always welcome - Thank you!

Dr.P.Jyoti, MD.

Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience: 17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Gosh ur making me panic when u say serious disease!. Just finished my period two days ago. checked my blood pressure now it says 153/93. called my doc he wants to chk my cholesterol ad sugar level..

Hello Kenny,

If you have checked with your doctor then its ok.

I did not mean that you have a serious disease, what I meant was that dizziness can be a symptom of something serious sometimes.

That is why it is necessary to check with the doctor whenever there is dizziness.

But now that you have done so, you need not worry anymore about this.

Take a Cap. Benadryl, this will help with the dizziness. Follow your doctor's advise, you will be fine. Take care.

Dr.P.Jyoti, MD.
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Hello Kenny,

How are you doing now? Did you see your doctor? I would like to follow up with you on this, do write back to me when you have seen your doctor.

Thank you for your positive rating to my answer.

I am very pleased that I was able to help you.

You may shortly receive an email survey to rate my services from JA. Please take the time to answer the survey with positive ratings for me, because the survey is actually very important for me on this JA site and your good ratings will help me immensely.

If you have any further questions, either on this issue or a different issue, I would be happy to help you. Just 'request' me or put 'For Dr. P. Jyoti only' at the beginning of your question so that I get to work with you again.

It was a great pleasure for me and JA to be able to help you.

JA has also started a new feature where you can add an expert to your list of favorite experts so that you can request them directly

I would be honored to be included in your list.

Thank you,
Dr. P. Jyoti, MD.