Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.

I have a visit planned to a Gastroenterolgist this October

I have a visit planned to a Gastroenterolgist this October but figure you may be able to help me in the mean time to keep this situation at bay, or to make my doctor's visit a better one. After eating in some resturants (sometimes), I may get a violent reaction of the runs after about 1 hour. My insides feel raw. I cannot ever be sure what food is a ticking time-bomb. I'm hoping this is not serious but have no idea of course. When I eat at home I never have such a problem. Nor when I eat at family dinners. Only resturants. Tonight it happened after eating at a regular chain resturant. The sandwich I eat was something I'd had before and never reacted to. It seems the vegetable soup was to blame. Any ideas?
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.

eating soups at restaurants can be a bad idea. the soup might not be kept at the right temperature and there can be bacterial or viral growth easily in the soup

it sounds like you could be getting food poisoning at many restaurants.

you might have less chance for food poisoning eating at home and eating at family dinners.

also the food at resturants can be oilier and saltier as well.

I would avoid soups at most restaurants.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for the answer.

you are welcome

best of luck to you

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please click accept and leave positive feedback below the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" if you have any other questions

Thanks for using