Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc

Hi there After with my partner the other evening, I saw

Hi there
After sex with my partner the other evening, I saw black lint like pieces mixed with the semen. At first I thought it was from the bed or towel etc. To be sure, I masturbated the next day and sure enough it came out of me (though not as much). I've been to the docs who have checked me out and said everything is fine. I have since masturbated again and can still see tiny traces of it. The doc said it could be blood which is common but I'm not convinced it is blood. I have no pain, no itching and it is only in my semen. Any ideas as it is slightly distressing.

Thank you
Thank you for requesting me.

I do not think you have to do anything next.
This is probably from very small amounts of dried blood...which is from friable veins in the prostate gland.
This happens.

There is really no other medical explanation.

If you are very concerned, I would have a urologist examine your prostate gland.

Please let me know if you have further questions.
Please don’t forget a positive rating.