Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.

I took 60 mg of Temazepam at 9pm - almost 3 hours ago. It has

I took 60 mg of Temazepam at 9pm - almost 3 hours ago. It has NOT made me sleepy at all. Can I take another 30 mg?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 10 months ago.
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.

No you should not take more tenazepam

30 mg is really the recommended dose. You have already taken 60. Most likely another 30 won't help and can increase risks for toxicity

Have you taken tenazepam before?

And drug use history?

Are you on other medications?

Have you had a sleep evaluation before?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I just started the tenazepam on Monday. I started at 60 mg. I have a long history of untreatable insomnia due to a combination of PTSD, flashbacks, bad genetics, and a high tolerance for CNS depressants.

I was in a very bad car accident a few years ago and was in the hospital for more than 3 months and developed a VERY high tolerance for all CNS depressants.

Previously I was taking ambien CR, and took it since it was released. I could safely take 50 mg of ambien CR. My doctor wanted me to try to tenazepam to help me avoid a tolerance to the ambien.

I have had a sleep evaluation and have no breathing problems or anything like that: just nightmares and flashbacks.

I definitely do NOT want to hurt myself, but I really would like to get some sleep. I have only had 1-2 hours of sleep a night all this week. I don't have to work tomorrow so if I am drowsy that is not a problem.

wow, what a story.

if you can safely take 50mg of ambien, most likely you can take 90 mg of tenazepam.

it does sound like you have a very very high tolerance for CNS depressants with your history.

90mg may or may not help you sleep

this soudns like a long term problem

I wish I had an easy answer for you

good luck taking the extra 30 of tenazepam

let me know if you have other questions
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.