Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

hello. I just received a mild electric shock from faulty aquarium

hello. I just received a mild electric shock from faulty aquarium heater. to right hand. fingers tingling, hand and biceps sore. heartrate is regular and 70 bpm. should i consider going to er, or just check with md in morning?
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-

How long back this happened?
Do you have dizziness?
Are you on any medications?

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

within the hour. no dizziness. only meds are claritin (took this am) and 10 mg famotidine--took in the last hour.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

need any further info? awaiting answer.

Dear Customer, Thanks for providing quick additional information.
I can understand your concern.

As such, mild electric shocks should not cause any immediate or permanent or delayed type damages.

In case, there was a severe shock ( though it happens rarely ), then it may cause some neurological or other complications.

As such there is no delayed complications with mild electric shocks.
Your symptoms are just related with nerves, and would get resolve by its own.

Heart rate is taken as normal upto 100 beats per minute. If heart rate is above 100, then it is of concern and have to be checked immediately.

Your symptoms have come due to irritation of nerve and would get resolve by its own.
As such, as per your description, i would not panic for any serious issue. There is no need to rush to ER now.
You can get it evaluated from your doctor by tomorrow.

Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.