Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

I had a knee injury, torn meniscus. My Dr told me I was going

I had a knee injury, torn meniscus. My Dr told me I was going to need surgery. I was feeling a lot better after a month and didn't schedule it. I than was involved in a minor car accident, the next day if felt like the knee was aggravated, 4 days later my knee completely locked and an emergency surgery was performed. I feel the accident may have damaged the meniscus more than it already was. Can an accident cause more damage to the meniscus?
Hi. My name isXXXXX and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Yes, it could very well have damaged the meniscus more. There is a lot of force on your knee in a car accident.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS