Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD

Hello everyone. I am male aged 22 and am 5"11 , 160 pounds.

Hello everyone. I am male aged 22 and am 5"11 , 160 pounds. On Thursday night of last week (29th august) of I started feeling like I was getting the flue and on Friday I had the full blown flue. Friday night, even though I had a temperature of 102F and was coughing a lot I felt physically okay (able to walk normally).
Friday night before I went to bed I decided to masturbate using a penis ring. That was the second time I ever used it. I put it on and after a few minutes I took it off because I had minor aching chest pains and was short of breath. The pains stopped when I took them off but my shortness of breath continued, I blamed the flue. I immediately went to bed afterwards and woke up Saturday with the flue much worse and a bad headache I also noticed that I still felt short of breath and weak but I blamed it on the flue. Later Saturday I decided to go shopping at Publix, It was a bit tough and I felt exhausted after browsing a aisle but that is still miles better to where I am now.
--The Hospital-- Sunday night I felt terrible and so weak that walking to the kitchen 30 feet away gave me chest pains. I had my parents drive me to the hospital. They admitted me under "asthmatic attack" and the EKG showed: Pulse Per Minute: 146 Blood Pressure 140/70 Blood oxygen level : 99% I only told the nurse about the penis ring but she says it probably has nothing to do with this , I doubt that as that is when I started having shortness of breath.
I was there for 4 days and they did the following -Gave me 3 blood tests ( check for heart muscle protein )the first day and 1 every morning after *all negative (normal) - Red blood cell count *slightly low -Ultrasound of main arteries starting from groin to knees to check for blood clots *Normal -ventilation-perfusion scan of heart & lungs (V/Q scan) *Normal They also administered me -sodium chloride continuously the whole time I was there -ondansetron HCL -ipratropium ( ATREOVERT ) * discontinued after first two days, doctor determined that I have no asthma -pantoprazole (PROTONIX ) -methyIPREDNISolone (Solu-MEDROL) -Pantoprazole -azithromucin ( ZITHROMAX ) -monteslukast ( CINGULAIR ) I had a heart doctor and internal medicine doctor visit, during the heart doctors visit I had moderate chest pain, she listened with her stethoscope but hear nothing unusual. I was told to visit a heart doctor, pulmonary doctor and gland doctor ? when I leave. -----The following is what they told me to take at home---- -azithromycin 250mg once a day for two mor days -methyIPREDNIsolone 4gm Tablets, Dose pack for a week -Montelukast 1 tablet 10 mg every night and I was told to stop taking Albuterol ( rarely took it anyway, becuase I barely have any asthma ) because it increases my heart rate also. Today is the 6th of September and I have been out of the hospital since the 5th of September. I actually feel short of breath just from typing too fast. I attempted to walk to my front door ( 50 feet away ) but I cant make it without stopping every 10 feet to rest for a minute. Walking 10 feet makes me feel like how
EDIT: Yesterday night on the 6th I was feeling a bit better so I decided to push my self and see what happens. I first had flush skin then shortness of breath, I went to bed and this morning I feel even worse. I can barely walk to the bathroom without feeling like I am going to die.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 10 months ago.

Mysticdoc :

The views expressed by me are for educational purposes only and do not establish a doctor patient relationship.

Mysticdoc :

Hi there,

I am Mysticdoc, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.

I am here to help you with your concerns.

Mysticdoc :

Sorry to hear about your symptoms.

Mysticdoc :

Currently, do you have any productive cough?

Customer:

Thanks

Customer:

I have a light cough, no flem

Mysticdoc :

any fever now?

Customer:

no fever is gone

Mysticdoc :

do you have any sore throat?

Customer:

no, not anymore

Mysticdoc :

ok

Customer:

The hospital did a good job taking care of the flue but not my weakness

Mysticdoc :

do you have any joint pains?

Customer:

not anymore

Mysticdoc :

do you have any rash any where?

Customer:

I have sereboric dermatitis on my face, I use a topical cream to take care of it.

Mysticdoc :

ok

Mysticdoc :

any insect bite or tick bite?

Customer:

actually... I remember being in the shower and feeling like I was stung by something last week near my ankle.My ankle was slightly puffy put it whent away after a day. It stung a lot. I do not know what it was .

Mysticdoc :

hmm ok

Mysticdoc :

see there is a good possibility of lyme disease,

Mysticdoc :

This should be checked out.

Customer:

I just found it, it is still there on my ankle

Mysticdoc :

lyme titer should be checked.

Mysticdoc :

ok

Mysticdoc :

how does it look like?

Mysticdoc :

which state you are from?

Customer:

I am from Florida. It looks like it crusted over , some dried blood on it. If I touch it with my finger it stings a little

Mysticdoc :

ok

Mysticdoc :

still, lyme disease is possible.

Mysticdoc :

another possibility can be babesiosis

Mysticdoc :

This is also a parasitic infection comes from tick bite.

Mysticdoc :

Lyme disease requires different antibiotic.

Mysticdoc :

Doxycycline is used commonly.

Mysticdoc :

So this is important to check out.

Mysticdoc :

Given your symptoms are improving, that is reassuring.

Mysticdoc :

It may take few more weeks to recover from severe infection.

Customer:

Can it wait until Monday? I do not enjoy the Hospital

Mysticdoc :

Yes it can.

Mysticdoc :

But do mention to your doctor about the insect bite or tick bite possibility.

Customer:

Okay so I will tell him about the insect bike. Anything else I should do?

Mysticdoc :

Eat healthy --high protein diet to let your body recover.

Mysticdoc :

Drink fluids.

Mysticdoc :

And continue with your medications for now.

Customer:

OK. I'm am going to get a friend to go shopping for me for food since I am not able to walk for more then a few feet. Thanks for your help Sir

Mysticdoc :

very welcome

Mysticdoc :

It was my pleasure to help you today.
Best wishes,
Please rate the chat Good or Excellent, if you are satisfied with our conversation and do not have any further question, so that I get rewarded for my time & effort. Thank you!
Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

https://pearl.etherapi.com/connectme/152

Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience: MD