Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

hi, i have a 99.6 temperature and when take advil it drops

hi, i have a 99.6 temperature and when take advil it drops down to 97.6 and i soon as i stop taking the pills it goes back up. when i take a deep breath i feel pain on my right oblique area and ab but nothing on the left side, but when i cough i feel pain on my left side ab area. I have no sore throat or runny nose or cough and my stomach just feels tight and cramped an i was constipated for like three days until yesterday. ive have been dealing with this since tuesday. on sunday i did a leg workout with heavy squats and deadlifts and felt no pain while working out but was very sore the next three days with aches and chills. can you please give a idea of what it might be
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-

It seems you have done heavy workouts on sunday?
How is your bowel movement?
Any other previous known medical illness?

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i was constipated for two or three days and finally used the bathroom yesterday . i took some psyllium husk and now i gone about three times since yesterday. im alergic to pencillin i take risperdal and cogentin for schizophrenia. Im urinating normally. also when i take the deep breaths on my right side the pain also is at the bottom of my rib cage and when i coughs i feel also on the bottom of my left rib cage.

Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 1 year ago.
Dear Conrad
Thank you for providing quick additional info.

The mild/low grade fever you are having is most probably because of the heavy work outs you did on sunday.This is called as exercise-induced fever.

An abrupt increase in intensity from your normal exercise routine can cause a great deal of muscle damage in your body.Fever is a sign of inflammation or infection and is a common symptom of illness.Fever is not a disease.

With a condition often associated with inflammation of your muscle fibers, if you overtrain you may develop a fever in response to this state.

There does not seem to be any sign or symptom of any infection that can cause this fever.

The pain below right rib cage on deep breaths & pain below left rib cage when you cough is most likely because of soreness of the muscles due to your dead lifts.

The soreness does not develop immediately & one feel normal during working out.The symptom of soreness,fever,aches,chills usually develop after few days.

Following will help you greatly:

-Complete muscle recovery should be allowed before resuming exercise.

-You need complete bed rest over a couple of days.

-Drink plenty of fluids.

-Apply heat in the form of a warm wash cloth applied to the area for 10 minutes or so 2 or 3 times a day increase blood flow to the area allowing to subside the inflammation

-Continue to take advil to bring down your fever.

-Take tab meclizine hydrochloride(brand name: Dramamine).This will help you greatly in stopping the nausea & vomiting.It is available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription.

All this will help you greatly for quick recovery & get cured.If still the symptoms persists,then you need to consult your doctor as scans & x-rays may then be required accordingly. But usually it get resolved with bed rest & these medications over a couple of days.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you XXXXX
Dr. Robert

Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience: M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi Conrad

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Are you taking advil?
Has your fever subsided now?

Let me know,
Dr.Robert