Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.

I am concerned about some of the symptoms Ive been having

I am concerned about some of the symptoms I've been having recently. About three weeks ago I began taking QVAR twice a day for asthma. Ever since then I've felt sort of weird, most accurately described as anxious and spacey. Something today, however, has me really concerned about what's going on. This morning I got up and walked outside to greet my mother and our new puppy and chatted for a few minutes before going inside. My mother swears that she showed me and discussed new toy she had gotten for our puppy and apparently I responded saying it was going to be her favorite. I have literally zero recollection of this and would swear on my life that it never happened. Even thinking back to this morning it took me some effort to recall exactly what I did step-by-step. I've noticed that recently I have been forgetting things more easily which is highly unlike me, I'm generally sharp as a blade and remember minute details. This, especially not remembering an entire conversation this morning, has me enormously anxious for fear that something major is going wrong. Is this something that could be related to QVAR or is it stress? I'm starting my sophomore year in college and am in the process of moving into my new apartment so that is definitely creating a lot of stress but I'm skeptical that this type of memory lapse is stress related.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 10 months ago.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

I am Dr. P. Jyoti, MD. I promise to use my full experience and knowledge to provide answers specific to your question. Feel free to ask me anything.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

Hello would you like to chat on this? Please type into your message box and press 'enter' or 'reply' to send the message so that we can have a live chat.

Customer:

Hi Dr. P

Dr. P. Jyoti :

do you have any tremors, etc?

Dr. P. Jyoti :

hello, do you have any tremors, etc?

Customer:

Not really

Dr. P. Jyoti :

well let me reassure you

Dr. P. Jyoti :

this is not a serious problem and is due to stress

Dr. P. Jyoti :

at your age memory loss is overwhelmingly due to stress and not due to any actual disease condition

Dr. P. Jyoti :

the feelings of being spaced out, etc are all symptoms of stress

Dr. P. Jyoti :

the qvar is not likely to be related

Customer:

so it is most likely not HIV/brain tumor/anything else like that

Dr. P. Jyoti :

dont worry about this, it is entirely due to to stress

Dr. P. Jyoti :

not at all

Dr. P. Jyoti :

it is definitely not due to anything like that, dont worry

Dr. P. Jyoti :

its just stress and nothing else

Dr. P. Jyoti :

do tell your doctor also about this and he may give you anti anxiety medicines if he feels it will be helpful

Dr. P. Jyoti :

but its stress and nothing else, stop thinking about it

Dr. P. Jyoti :

If the question has been answered to your satisfaction, you need to rate my service positively.

Rating system is the row of faces below - click on a happy face to give a good rating. Bonus is always welcome Thank you.
Dr. P. Jyoti

Dr. P. Jyoti :

any further questions?

Customer:

No, I went to see my doctor today as a checkup on the QVAR and he suggested I take it 3x daily and I explained to him that I have had a persistently upset stomach and odd appetite for about two weeks and he suggested stress as well

Customer:

The memory loss was just very very concerning for me

Dr. P. Jyoti :

thats right, i can appreciate your concern

Dr. P. Jyoti :

but dont worry, its not a neurological problem or something like that

Dr. P. Jyoti :

its just stress and not a disease

Dr. P. Jyoti :

so dont worry, try not to think about it

Dr. P. Jyoti :

take care

Dr. P. Jyoti :

Hope this shows you the way forward - wish you good health and a quick recovery.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Bonus is always welcome - Thank you!

Dr.P.Jyoti, MD.

Customer:

okay thanks for your help dr. p, I appreciate it. I will try not to think about it and do what I can to de-stress

Dr. P. Jyoti :

thats right, dont worry, nothing to worry about here

Dr. P. Jyoti :

no illness

Dr. P. Jyoti :

take care

Customer:

you as well

Dr. P. Jyoti :

do discuss with your docotr about anti anxiety pills if necessary

Dr. P. Jyoti :

good day then

Customer:

will do

Dr. P. Jyoti :

Dr.P.Jyoti, MD.

Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience: 17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
Hello Michael,

Thank you for your positive rating to my answer.

I am very pleased that I was able to help you.

You may shortly receive an email survey to rate my services from JA. Please take the time to answer the survey with positive ratings for me, because the survey is actually very important for me on this JA site and your good ratings will help me immensely.

If you have any further questions, either on this issue or a different issue, I would be happy to help you. Just 'request' me or put 'For Dr. P. Jyoti only' at the beginning of your question so that I get to work with you again.

It was a great pleasure for me and JA to be able to help you.

JA has also started a new feature where you can add an expert to your list of favorite experts so that you can request them directly

I would be honored to be included in your list.

Thank you,
Dr. P. Jyoti, MD.