Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

What is safe and cheap way toWhiten teeth

What is safe and cheap way to
Whiten teeth
Hi. My name isXXXXX and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Do you use tobacco products? If so, what, how often/much and for how long?

Do you have any dental or oral problems?

Do you have any medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I used tobacco 13 years ago ( Marlboro ). I smoked two packs ago . I take no medications , very good health , no dental or oral problems .

George,

Of course, the best (but defiantly not the cheapest) way to get your teeth whiter is to have a dentist do it....

Baking soda, used as a toothpaste, will whiten your teeth. One problem with this is that your teeth can become sensitive to cold and hot foods if you are not careful. My father (A DDS with 50 years experience) recommends doing this only once or twice month.

Of all the OTC products out there, Crest 3D whitestrips seem to be the best value, best working and safest for your money. They are available in many stores but seem to be cheapest here:

http://www.amazon.com/Crest-1-Hour-Express-Whitening-Strips/dp/B0045XE3AG/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS