Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I cut my leg on a piece of galv. metal on the outside of my

I cut my leg on a piece of galv. metal on the outside of my left calf mussel bad enough in the heat I couldn't get it to stop bleeding except direct tide pressure. after 8 hours I got home washed it bandaged it and put up above my heart. The next day it was acceptable but later on it started to swell so I began icing it . Anyway it been three weeks swelling is gone finally but two locations on that leg that have been hit by something are tender. Now this morning after a hard day at work the top of my arch (one of the points that were hit)n is hurting bad enough I can hardly walk. Please give me some advice on what to do. I do not have insurance
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

Is there any new swelling?

Any areas of numbness?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

not at this moment. and no numbness

Tommy,

It is really hard to tell what is going on without a physical exam :(

It might be that a nerve was damaged in the area of the laceration and is now trapped in the scar tissue and causing referred pain. Or you might have broken a bone in the arch of your foot.

I'm sorry to say this but I think your best course of action is to see a doctor, perhaps a podiatrist, in person for a good exam. You sure don't want to end up with a permanent problem walking....

Does this make sense to you?

I realize that this was not the answer you were hoping to hear but it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.
Surely, you prefer that I tell the truth rather than what you wish to hear. Because it reflects very poorly on me unless you press one of the top three feedback choices, keep this in mind when rating my answer and please do not punish me for being honest. I understand that this may not be easy to hear, and I empathize.
Even though my answer was not quite what you were hoping for, please understand that my priority was to provide you with the most honest information. With that in consideration, I hope that you found my answer useful. Please click the excellent feedback button so that I can receive credit for my efforts.

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it makes since but from the cut to the tips of my toes swelled. I think from a slight infection. Would the infection have something to do with the tenderness even after the swelling is gone?

Tommy,

If there were an ongoing infection I think you would still have swelling and other significant symptoms....it must be something else.

If I were in your shoes (no pun intended :), I would see a doc.

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC